Staff Assisted Services
At the San Bernardino Employment Training Agency, our goal is to get you on the road to self sufficiency. Staff assisted services are available to adults, dislocated workers. We also provide priority of service to veterans and spouses of qualified veterans.
Intensive services are intended to identify obstacles to employment through a comprehensive assessment or individual employment plan in order to determine specific services needed to obtain employment. Intensive services are available as needed to adults and dislocated workers who meet Workforce Investment Act (WIA) requirements and are:
Intensive services may include:
- A career counselor will interview you to determine your skills and identify an employment goal. A documented strategy will be created identifying what services are needed to help you obtain employment
- Work with a career counselor to determine your employment goals and services needed to achieve that goal
- Case management is a process in which you work with a case manager to assess your needs, develop a plan, and implement the plan. As a part of case management a career counselor will coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet your employment goals.
- Pre-vocational services are short-term and focuses on improving one or more workplace skills
Training services are available as needed to adults and dislocated workers who meet Workforce Investment Act (WIA) requirements and are:
- Unemployed and are unable to obtain employment through core services
- Has received at least one intensive service and have been unable to obtain or retain employment
- Employed but are determined to be in need of intensive services in order to obtain or retain employment that allows for self-sufficiency.
- Following an interview and career assessment have been determined by a Career Counselor to be in need of training services and to have the skills and qualifications to successfully complete the selected training program
- Select a training program that is in a demand occupation and is listed on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
Training Services may include:
- An organized program of study that provides specific vocational skills that lead to proficiency in performing actual tasks and technical functions required by certain occupational fields
- OJT is paid hands on training. Employers provide occupational training for SBETA and SBETA reimburses the employer for the cost of training an employee.
All training programs are subject to funding availability.
- If this is going to be your first visit to the one stop fill out the One-Stop Registration form and provide it to the receptionist
- Also complete the General Interest Questionnaire and bring it with you to orientation
- It is mandatory that you attend orientation if you want staff assisted services. You will need to complete and submit your completed General Interest Questionnaire at that time. Orientations are held every Wednesday. You must be registered at the One-Stop Center to make a reservation for orientation. To reserve a seat please call 909-888-7881. Space is limited. Priortiy of service is given to veterans and spouses of qualified veterans.
In order to receive staff assisted services:
- You must have documents to establish your right to work in the United States
- Must have a photo identification card
- Must have a Social Security Card
- Males must be registered with selective service or able to provide satisfactory explanation for non-registration